Are you looking to volunteer with VMP? Or wondering how you can best help the VMP movement?
We are looking for volunteers to form community working groups, in the Flinders electorate, arranged into the following regions: (RSVP below)
1) Westernport North: Balnarring, Balnarring Beach, Bittern, Crib Point, Baxter, Hastings, Tyabb, Somerville, Stony Point, Merricks, Merricks Beach
2) Westernport South: Cape Schanck, Flinders, Shoreham, Pt Leo, Somers
3) Port Phillip North: Dromana, Safety Beach, Mt Martha, Mornington
4) Port Phillip South: Arthur’s Seat, Blairgowrie, McCrae, Rosebud, Capel Sound, Tootgarook, Rye, Portsea, Sorrento
5) Central North: Tuerong, Moorooduc, Merricks North, Red Hill
6) Central South: Red Hill South, Main Ridge, Boneo, Fingal, St Andrew’s Beach
7) Youth group: are you aged 13-18 and want to be involved in VMP? Join our Youth Group to run events for other young people in your area to engage them in discussion about issues that matter to them
Working groups will be supported to run their own local meetings. Their focuses will be (a) reaching out to residents in their region to complete the community survey, and (b) promoting an independent candidate for the Flinders electorate once that candidate has been chosen (see process below). Community outreach may take the form of door knocking, holding stalls, or running events such as a ‘democracy sausage sizzle' or Kitchen Table Conversations.
If you are interested in getting involved in a local working group please RSVP below to the working group meeting on July 18th 10am -11am online via Zoom. Zoom meeting details will be sent to you after submitting your RSVP.
On another note, we are currently putting out a call for potential candidates. If you are thinking about being a candidate yourself in the upcoming federal election for the seat of Flinders, or you know someone who would be interested and suitable, please put them in touch with us via our email [email protected] with the subject line ‘potential candidate’, or encourage them to apply via our ad that is coming out in the next fortnight.